I have been designing and building websites since the 1990s. I have years of experience in a range of mediums, from print to digital. With my training in history, which imparted a love for learning and the ability to communicate difficult ideas clearly and efficiently, I bring a host of unique skills to the table.
- Web Design: Inkscape, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Modern Frameworks and Build Tools: Vue.js, Angular, React, webpack
- Responsive, Performant Development: mobile-first, progressive-enhancement-centric development
- Dev Ops: Amazon Web Services, Heroku, DigitalOcean, Dokku
- Version Control: Git, BitBucket, and GitHub
- Communication: published in multiple academic journals, experience writing for wide audiences
- Organization: experience organizing large events
For more information, see my résumé.
- Book Review: Pfeiffer Country: The Tenant Farms and Business Activities of Paul Pfeiffer in Clay County, Arkansas: 1902-1954 (Little Rock: Butler Center of Books, 2009). Agricultural History 85.1 (Winter, 2011): 136-137.
- “The Contours of Emancipation: Freedom Comes to Southwest Arkansas,” Arkansas Historical Quarterly 70.2 (Summer, 2011): 109-130.
- “Race Riots,” Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture, Central Arkansas Libraries System, Spring 2009
- “Working Families and the Reconstruction of Hempstead County, Arkansas,” M.A. Thesis, University of Arkansas, 2010
- “The Laboring Family Through Rebellion and Reconstruction,” Ozark Historical Review 39 (Spring, 2010): 19-47.